Friday, July 29, 2011


Day 3: DISNEYLAND!!!

We finally made it to the MAGIC KINGDOM! Finally! I haven't been since I was 6 and I honestly wasn't expecting too much. Like I knew it's was like the "happiest place in the world" but I thought it was just something more for kids. But when I stepped into that little country I was seriously blown away and I quickly became completely and thoroughly enchanted. Seriously, I was like utterly charmed by the whole place. I was in awe of everything. That Walt Disney wasn't kidding when he called it "the happiest place." He knows how to put on a show and make it worth your every penny to be there. Even with the hundreds of thousands of people, it just didn't matter.
The little towns and shops, the many shows, the wonderful rides, it was so sweet and the girls absolutely loved it. They were so excited about everything. And, might I add, they were so adorable in their little minnie mouse dresses that mommy picked out for them to wear with red headbands. There were so many people who commented on how cute they looked. It was waaay classy an cool. Haha.

First they took a nap though before the long day of fun! They looked so sweet.
And below is the ride to Disneyland! Doesn't Mailey look just like Minnie with her little buns. =)

As soon as Mailey saw Sleeping Beauty's castle she started jumping up and down screaming with excitement. It was the best thing ever, I'm just sad I didn't capture it on video.

It's a small world was by far my favorite ride. There is something so endearing and innocent about it. And the whole thing is just incredible and the castle is amazing and gorgeous. It was so cute because the girls constantly kept singing that song.


As soon as we got out of the ride, the daily parade began. I seriously grinned like the whole time. It was so cute. OH and the cutest thing! Disneyland in everything they do work to make little kids dreams come true. When Mailey got off the "its a small world" ride she goes, "My dreams came true." It was darling.

It seriously felt like I had walked into a cartoon. So cool!

Mailey and I went on this crazy rollercoaster in toon town. We waited for about 40 mintues but it was super fun and actually kinda scary, haha. Mom and Emy were supposed to go too but as we were waiting in line, for about 15 mintues by then, we start asking Em if she's excited to go. She goes, "Nope, I'm not going." So of course were like are you sure, yeah she started bawling her head off. Ha. We quickly got her outta there and reassured her we were not about to force her to have the pee scared out of her.

This place was so cute. It was Minnie Mouse's house! It was this whole little house with a living room, bedroom and kitchen and the girls loved it.

And of course, you can not go to Disneyland without going on the Mad Hatter's teacups. I love the cups and the lanterns. I love how you never feel like your at a carnival in Disneyland.

Once it got dark we did a few more rides but then there was the firework show over the castle. I have never in my life seen SO many people packed into a place. There seriously had to be like 100,00 people there. No lie. I couldn't stop and take a picture, we had to keep moving until we off the sidewalk. But once it began....man. The coolest show I've ever seen. Disney just does everything right. Ha. Then we went a over to another section and saw Mickey Mouse's Fantasmic show in the water. Also amazing and a little scary at times. Ha. But they loved it. We finally got out of the park at midnight, when they closed. Phew!! A late night but we just had to suck every last happy drop we could outta that place.

And of course the girls got Minnie Mouse ears and each their own doll. =)
It was a truly magical day.


2 comments:

Destiny said...

Wow I didnt realize how cool disneyland was. I was only 8 when I went, and I kinda forgot how amazing it was. I think i need to go back. lol. Looks so fun!!! :)

TheFoleyFive said...

oh my gosh...crying...i want so bad to have been there to experience it with them...it looks absolutely magical...can't wait to hear their little pip squeak voices telling me all about it..